[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Philip Corliss <pcorliss at tubeart dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal with Bridged Interfaces
 Date:  Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:05:58 +0800
On 26/08/2004 02:00 Philip Corliss said the following:
> allowed to use Captive Portal on our Wireless AP NIC because my WAN and
> Internal Network NICs are bridged. Turning off bridging isn't really an
> option at this point. I've included my original message below.

unfortunately, there's nothing which can be done about this, philip. the
captive portal does not work when the interface is bridged due to the
manner in which it's implemented. layer 2 (ethernet) packets are
diverted to the captive portal authentication page and this would
interfere with bridge operation and vice versa.