[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  gramels <gramels at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ifconfig mediatopts as a feature?
 Date:  Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:18:43 +0200
Hi,

as far as I have seen there is no way to set the interface speed in
the web gui. Sure, I can do ist using the https://wall/exec.php
function with ifconfig, but it will be gone after reboot.

Modifing rc.conf is not a real option for the embedded (wrap) version.

Reason for me is that I would reduce the speed on the connection to my
cable modem to 10mbit half duplex sinxe I abuse a non cat5 cable (the
ISDN wires in my flat) which is more reliable on lower speeds, but I
am sure that there will be other reasons why people would need it
(beside crappy cable modems, switches, ...).

Any plans to implement this as a feature?

gramels