[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Still same problem...
 Date:  Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:01:47 +0200
-------- Message original --------

> Is there someone can explain me if M0n0 1.1 change
> some authentification system from 1.0 ?

The following parameters were added between 1.0 and 1.1b17 (not sure for
1.1b15):

mpd.conf

    set ipcp enable req-pri-dns
    set ipcp enable req-sec-dns

mpd.links

   set pppoe enable originate
   set pppoe disable incoming

originate -> This option enables the initiation of PPPoE connections
              to the peer. If this option is disabled, mpd will not
              initiate any PPPoE connections.

incoming  -> This option enables the acceptance of incoming PPPoE
              connections. If this option is disabled, mpd will not
              accept any incoming PPPoE connections. You must configure
              iface and service parameters before using this option.

So, to be sure the problem comes from these changes, I would try to copy
the 1.0 parameters to the 1.1bxx and see what's happening. It may be
possible to modify the two files on a running 1.1bxx system (or even
modify the PHP source code which generates the two files), but I
personally don't have so much experience on modifying a running config,
maybe other people can help you.

Try to ask your ISP about these parameters, too.

-- Vincent