[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Scheer <listen at autechre dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0 newbie: Some questions, suggestions...
 Date:  Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:08:51 +0200
Hi,

1)
I've made my m0n0 accessible on wan interface, the rule is this:

| @4 pass in log quick proto tcp from x.x.0.0/16 to 192.168.x.x/32 port = 443 keep state group 200

So access from a x.x/16 network is allowed. But this is not the point.
The point is, why does it log incoming and outgoing traffic? -->

| Aug 26 16:29:21 m0n0wall ipmon[72]: 16:29:20.227855 ng0 @200:4 p <wan adress> -> 192.168.x.x,443
PR tcp len 20 52 -S K-S IN
| Aug 26 16:29:21 m0n0wall ipmon[72]: 16:29:20.228287 ng0 @200:4 p x.x.55.132,443 -> <wan
adress>,28480 PR tcp len 20 48 -AS K-S OUT

2) The msntp does not appear to leave any logs? It should IMHO. Or did
   I just not find it?

3) I've set up a syslogd (have never syslogged before) but the host
has to be down sometimes.

| syslogd: sendto: Host is down
later:
| syslogd: sendto: No buffer space available

Will the m0n0 box retry or was it giving up sending logs?

4) I think it would be helpful if "disable rule" would be directly
accessible on the fw rules page, as an additional icon.

TIA