[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fred Mol" <fredlist at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] larger file system
 Date:  Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:56:59 +0200 (CEST)
Seth Rothenberg said:
> Looking at various options for the m0n0wall,
> I find that it doesn't fit in 7MB any more.
> That's OK, because I have 128MB CF's.
>
> Can someone tell me how one creates a File system
> and copies in BSD - are the utilities present on m0n0wall?

The utilities are not present on m0n0wall. You need a FreeBSD 4.x system
(m0n0wall 1.1 is based on FreeBSD 4.10).

I've written a script that will update m0n0wall images, recreating the file
systems if necessary. It's available from http://www.xs4all.nl/~fredmol/m0n0
Look for "m0n0-inst-modules". Note that a module is nothing more that a
tar file or directory with files to update the m0n0wall image with.
You'll still need FreeBSD 4.x to run it.

> (I can mount a spare CF to work on).
>
> Or, can it be done in Linux.

No, Linux has too little support for it. By default it can only mount
FreeBSD file systems read-only. It lacks:
- Write support
- A compatible newfs
- The disklabel utility

--Fred