[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Michal Harajda <root at unlockers dot sk>
 Cc:  dinesh at alphaque dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re[2]: [m0n0wall] load balancing
 Date:  Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:58:35 -0400
wait sorry for the confusion. I wasnt reading or writing clearly (no coffee at
the time)

I am looking at failover, not load balancing. Load balancing would require a
device before the firewall to "intelligently" manage packet traffic. Now I
understand BPF can "load balance" thru the introduction of rulesets so maybe
you could balance outgoing traffic thru different pipes but I have not seen
that in IPFW1 or 2 (or maybe I am confusing the two, rough day sorry)

sorry for the confusion.

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311