[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Scheer <listen at autechre dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: m0n0 newbie: Some questions, suggestions...
 Date:  Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:21:17 +0200
Fred Wright <fw at well dot com> wrote:

>>| Aug 26 16:29:21 m0n0wall ipmon[72]: 16:29:20.227855 ng0 @200:4 p <wan adress> -> 192.168.x.x,443
PR tcp len 20 52 -S K-S IN
>>| Aug 26 16:29:21 m0n0wall ipmon[72]: 16:29:20.228287 ng0 @200:4 p x.x.55.132,443 -> <wan
adress>,28480 PR tcp len 20 48 -AS K-S OUT

> Does this just happen occasionally, or all the time?  It looks like the
> SYN/ACK packet is getting rejected by the stateful filter and is thus
> showing up in the log.  I wonder if the short time delta has something to
> do with it.

I was just thinking about and I reckon its something pretty
complicated, as the network I was accessing m0n0wall from, does also
some packet filtering. I know it does e.g. some extensive icmp
filtering (I'm not an admin there).

I'll try to access m0n0wall from an unfiltered network and see what
happens.