[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad Frerer" <chad at qpalzm dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive redirect - thoughts on p2p bandwidth {clean}
 Date:  Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:33:28 -0500
Hello list,

I was wondering if anyone could help w/ the following:

On a soekris net4501-
Can anyone help me with using captive mode (no radius) to
1. show the splash page (click continue)
2. regardless of the original destination - the browser will be
forwarded to a predetermined url
3. from there, the user can google, /., whatever.

Captive mode works great - I just wanna control the first site they hit.

Also, our wifi mesh isn't up yet - anyone running something like that
have problems w/ p2p (leeches) killing the bandwidth?  If so, does the
traffic shaping help enough - or do I need to go "another" route?

Thanks for the time - cool BSD project

-Chad

--
Message Clean!