[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] I hate to sound like a noob
 Date:  Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:59:52 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Terry Miller wrote:

> The 192.168.0.10 address is a computer (XP) and it does have a default
> gateway of 192.168.0.12. If I move it to the second subnet it can browse the
> internet and receive mail. The other 2 hosts are currently the lan port of

If by "move" you include changing the addressing to match, then that
sounds like a firewall or NAT issue.  The defaukt outbound NAT does not
apply to OPT1.  But that's a completely separate issue from getting
traffic between LAN and OPT1.

> an old router and a wireless access point. I'm just using those for testing
> the routing now.

They still need proper routing setups to do this.  Even the target of a
ping needs proper routing.

					Fred Wright