[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Marc Vasquez <marc dot vasquez at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with Forwarding
 Date:  Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:45:04 -0400
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:37:08 -0400, Marc Vasquez <marc dot vasquez at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I have created NAT entries for each of the allowed Firewall ports.  Is
> this the correct way to allow access to services?  I had only firewall
> rules allowing access from the outside world before.

If you have 1:1 NAT set up, then you put in firewall rules allowing
access from the outside world.  If you are only using one public IP,
then you want to add inbound NAT entries for each port, and when you
do that, check the " Auto-add a firewall rule to permit traffic
through this NAT rule" box at the bottom of that page and everything
should work fine.

-Chris