[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Tangey <gt at tangey dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  HOSTAP - default firewall rules
 Date:  Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:32:29 +1000
Hello all,

I have installed a Netgear MA311 (Prism 2.5, 1.1.1/1.5.6) in hostap mode.
I have also bridged the interface to the LAN, and made sure DHCP is
enabled on the LAN.

My questions are:

1. What firewall rules do I have to create to make the WLAN interface
talk to the LAN interface, enabling DHCP and internet access on the WLAN?
2. Has anyone else had problems with enabling WEP on the WLAN and then
trying to use DHCP after the WLAN is bridged to the LAN?
3. What is Bridge filtering? Should this be enabled when I bridge the
WLAN to the LAN?

Cheers,
Graham