[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Chad Frerer <chad at qpalzm dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive redirect - thoughts on p2p bandwidth {clean}
 Date:  Mon, 30 Aug 2004 03:00:14 +0800
On 29/08/2004 00:33 Chad Frerer said the following:
> On a soekris net4501-
> Can anyone help me with using captive mode (no radius) to
> 1. show the splash page (click continue)
> 2. regardless of the original destination - the browser will be
> forwarded to a predetermined url
> 3. from there, the user can google, /., whatever.
>
> Captive mode works great - I just wanna control the first site they hit.

maybe i'm not reading this right, but why not just include that first
page in the captive portal's splash pages thru the use of frames ?
upload a flash page which just contains framesets, with the frames
pulled from wherever. be sure to add the server which is serving these
pages into the Allowed IP list though, else they wont be able to be
accessed.