[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Mike Maltese <mike at pcmedx dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Federico Krum <federico at thehost dot com dot ar>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] D-Link DWL-520 Rev. E
 Date:  Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:22:22 -0400
I can tell you from experience that the rev E's do not work. Something about the
way they load their firmware is funky and not supported under BSD. Works fine in
my kids WindowsXP box though.

If I am not misktaken, many cards load their firmware onto the card itself.
However this card carries no firmware on the card. When the drivers are loaded
by Windows, the firmware is pushed to a ram chip on the card. Or soemthing along
those lines.

But in others words, return it if you can and get a netgear MA311.

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311