[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Scheer <listen at autechre dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: can m0n0wall do this?
 Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:00:24 +0200
Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> This client wants to allow his IP
> address, and only his, to get to "anything" on the Internet (for the
> record his is a static IP).

Sp you will enable dhcp on the m0n0wall and assign a static IP to this
specific mac adress.

> The rest of the IP addresses (DHCP) he
> wants to allow only to go to two or three very specific URLs to upload
> business-related data but nothing else.

You need to know the ip-Adresses/Ranges of these web servers...

> Is this possible?  Can I give a range of IP addresses to m0n0 to only
> allow certain access while allowing the static pool to go anywhere
> they'd like?

Yes. You might have to add multiple rules for any ip-adress/range of
the httpd. Have a look at the firewall rules screenshots
http://m0n0.ch/wall/screenshots.php