[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0 stops accepting new connections
 Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:47:09 -0400
Hi all,

I have a problem with the m0n0 I'm using for my dorm network.  I 'm using the 1.1 generic pc image
on a 1.8 Ghz Celeron with 512MB memory.  I have traffic shaping enabled, with each user limited to
384/64.  The traffic shaping is working well, however, after an hour or so of use, the m0n0 stops
accepting new inbound/outbound connections.  M0n0 is still passing traffic (as evidenced by the
traffic graph), but it doesn't seem to allow new inbound or outbound connections.  Resetting the
states fixes this temporarily.  So assuming this is the problem:

Is there a way to tell how many connections m0n0 is currently processing?

Is there a way to increase the number of connections m0n0 can handle?

Is there a limit on the number of simultaneous m0n0 can handle on this hardware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan