[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Nieder, Bernd" <bernd dot nieder at gilbarco dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  LAN + Wireless interface only?
 Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:02:59 +0200
Hi,

Is it possible to set up a configuration with LAN and WLAN interface only
(without WAN)? I'd like to use m0n0 for a special purpose as an AP with more
influence on the traffic.

I'm using an EPIA MII board. When I try to set up m0on0 just with the
onboard interface installed the configuration ends up with 'sis0' as LAN and
'sis1' as WAN - though I assigned 'vr0' as LAN interface and nothing for
WAN.

BTW: under normal conditions (LAN+WAN interface installed) the onboard NIC
works pretty fine as 'vr0'.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Bernd