[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  "Nieder, Bernd" <bernd dot nieder at gilbarco dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] LAN + Wireless interface only?
 Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:14:47 -0400
WAN and LAN are required. What I have done for a teesting box is just assign a
an unused interface to WAN and only use LAN and OPT1(wifi) for testing.

So if I read your email properly, you basically want m0n0 to sit between your
WLAN clients and your out-bound "router" or LAN switch. Thereby you can shape
their traffic and or apply rules and pass then thru the LAN interface to the
lan.

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311