[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fred Mol" <fredlist at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall 1.1 problem on WRAP.1D
 Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:34:27 +0200 (CEST)
Ganbold said:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble booting m0n0wall 1.1 on WRAP.1D.
> I tested original wrap-1.1.img on WRAP and it is working fine. However when
> I extract the image
> using Michael Ledema's php script and compress it back using same script,
> m0n0wall doesn't boot. It just hangs.
> I need to make some modifications and that is why I have to extract the
> image and compress it back.

I assume you mean Michael Iedema's script at
http://www.michael-i.com/files/projects/m0n0image/m0n0image_v0.1.1.phps
It suffers from the same problem as my module installer script until
recently: It creates a new bootable image with the boot programs from
the host on which the script runs, while it should use the boot programs
from the original wrap image. The offending line is this one:
    "disklabel -BR vn0 label.proto",
It should be something like:
"disklabel -b $directory/boot/boot1 -s $directory/boot/boot2 -BR vn0
label.proto",

> Does anybody have this issue before on WRAP?
> Is there any other scripts that makes correct image?

You could use the module installer from http://www.xs4all.nl/~fredmol/m0n0

Hope this helps,

--Fred