[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rodman Frowert" <frowertr at i dash 1 dot net>
 To:  "Dana Spiegel" <dana at sociableDESIGN dot com>, "Kevin Coleman" <kevin at gabu dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Setting up HotSpot
 Date:  Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:16:55 -0500
I went ahead and changed everything over like you guys suggested.  My LAN is
now on the LAN interface and my ADSL is now on the WAN interface and my
access point is now on the OPT1 interface.  Now the configuration is as
follows:

WAN - IP is DHCP assigned by DSL provider
LAN - IP is 192.168.1.1/24
OPT - IP is 10.10.10.1/24 and DHCP is enabled to give wireless clients IP
addresses in a range of 10.10.10.100 - 10.10.10.254

But I can't get the OPT 1 interface working with my wireless laptop.  I
doesn't even give out an IP address when I turn the laptop computer on (yes,
it is configured to get an IP automatically).  I am guessing it is because I
needed to make a firewall rule,  but for the life of me I can't figure out
the right rule I guess.  All I need is the OPT 1 to access the WAN and NOT
the LAN.

Any ideas or hints on what I am missing?

Rodman