[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Nieder, Bernd" <bernd dot nieder at gilbarco dot de>, "Chet Harvey" <chet at pittech dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] LAN + Wireless interface only?
 Date:  Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:52:43 +0200
Anyone tried, what will happen if you tell m0n0wall to use a dummy as WAN-Interface like dum0 which
isn´t present? Is it not assignable? Or are there problems while booting m0n0wall? Or will it work
but you won´t have WAN?

No time to test and just a suggestion....

Another solution might be to plug in an USB-NIC and Assign WAN to it. It doesn´t look nice, but so
you wouldn´t have the need to buy a new case. I´ve heared on the list that USB-NICs work, right?

Regards, Holger Bauer