[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Pantheous" <pantheous at hotmail dot com>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] 3 nics - a wan and two lans
 Date:  Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:24:38 +0200
Simplest way is to bridge opt1 with lan. you have one subnet then without any firewall between the
two ports. you also could do it with assigning each port it´s own ip and subnet, but then you would
have to define rules. also some broadcasts won´t get from port a to port b and vice versa.
I assume, that you only want to spare a hub/switch, so simply bridge the two interfaces if you don´t
need any security between port a and port b. Don´t forget to use crossovercables to connect your pcs
to the monowall, as the monowall is not a switch/hub.

regards, Holger Bauer