[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Turner" <david dot turner at play dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SNMP over IPSEC
 Date:  Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:10:28 +0100
SNMP over IPSEC

I saw a previous thread concerning this and I think the original poster
may have been misunderstood.

I have m0n0wall 1.1 running an ipsec tunnel to an Astaro box which seems
to work fine. SNMP is switched on and from the LAN connected to the
m0n0wall box I can monitor it with SNMP. What does not work is
monitoring the same box from a machine at the other end of the tunnel. I
have rules set up at both ends to allow all protocols and all hosts so
nothing should be blocking udp traffic. I also tested this between two
m0n0wall boxes and got the same effect.

Any ideas?

Cheers

David Turner