[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] fla support unable to change lan ip
 Date:  Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:36:45 +0100
> have you tried rebooting after making the change - mono, the
> client, AND the switch in between? (preferred order, mono,
> switch, client). I had a buggy switch that wouldn't properly
> handle subnet changes... return to normal function seemed to
> coincide with the switch's cache expiry...

On a semi-related note, some peripherals get really funny about
"non-standard" masks, specifically wireless access points and printers. They
seem to naturally assume that everyone will be using either /8, /16 or /24,
and they break horribly when they're given a different mask via DHCP.

I doubt it's the problem here, but it is perhaps something to be aware of
for the future.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579