[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dennis Hoshield" <dhosh at gaslightmedia dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  4521 + 2 Radios + Monowall Captive Portal = Reboot?
 Date:  Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:19:42 -0500
?

Hello ...

I have a few issues regarding the 4521, Monowall, and Captive Portal

I suspect this is a Monowall config issue, but hav also posted it on the
Soekris site ...

System:
Soekris 4521, 1.26a BIOS (originally had 1.23a, upgraded, and have the same
issues)
2 PCMCIA NL-2511CD Plus ext2 radios
Empty Mini PCI slot
Empty PCI slot
Sandisk 64Meg Compact Flash
Monowall 1.1

2 radios without Captive Portal turned on, seem to work fine .. answering
DHCP requests, and routing out through the WAN.

1 radio WITH Captive Portal turned on, RADIUS authentication, works fine....
including when the 2nd radio is physically mounted in the unit, but not
enabled via BIOS.

With the 2nd radio activated in BIOS, and Captive Portal turned on on
Radio1, the router reboots when a radio client attempts to authenticate.
Sometimes the reboot is before the Radius authentication, sometimes after.

A related issue for Monowall 1.1, is it appears to only allow Captive portal
on one interface at a time. .. I've not seen where it can be implemented on
2 radios simultaneously.

When Captive Portal is implemented on the 2nd radio .... it blocks outside
access, but doesn't bring up the Radius screen .. only get a ' Page not
found'  screen.

Has anyone else experienced the reboot issue, if a 2nd radio is present in a
m0n0wall config?
Can more than one Capture Portal config be set up, so any/all non-WAN ports
can be 'captured' ?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.
Dennis