[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  dhosh at gaslightmedia dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 4521 + 2 Radios + Monowall Captive Portal = Reboot?
 Date:  Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:23:14 -0700
> 2 radios without Captive Portal turned on, seem to work fine .. answering
> DHCP requests, and routing out through the WAN.
>
> 1 radio WITH Captive Portal turned on, RADIUS authentication,
> works fine....
> including when the 2nd radio is physically mounted in the unit, but not
> enabled via BIOS.
>
> With the 2nd radio activated in BIOS, and Captive Portal turned on on
> Radio1, the router reboots when a radio client attempts to authenticate.
> Sometimes the reboot is before the Radius authentication, sometimes after.
>
> A related issue for Monowall 1.1, is it appears to only allow
> Captive portal
> on one interface at a time. .. I've not seen where it can be
> implemented on
> 2 radios simultaneously.

Curious about your setup - not answering your question (Dinesh? ;-) why are
you using two radios? Attempting to double the bandwidth by offering two
separate channels? I'd heard that in close proximity the harmonics would
cause range problems - and I can't imagine closer proximity than two pcmcia
cards...

?

m/