[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Fredric Moestedt <d96moe at dtek dot chalmers dot se>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Using m0n0wall as a VPN client to a windows 2k VPN-server?
 Date:  Thu, 2 Sep 2004 03:09:21 -0400
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 00:51:36 +0200, Fredric Moestedt
<d96moe at dtek dot chalmers dot se> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Searched a lot but haven't found any answer..
>
> I'm quiet new into vpn and I want to connect to a windows 2k vpn server. Is
> it possible to use m0n0wall as a vpn client to merge my own lan to the
> vpn-servers lan? Thanks!
>
> //moe

Yes, racoon (m0n0wall's VPN package) will connect to virtually every
IPsec VPN device.  I have gotten it working with SonicWall, Cisco, and
several other firewalls.

Just make sure the IPsec configuration on each end matches up.  I
don't know offhand how you would specifically configure your Windows
VPN server, but that shouldn't be hard to figure out.

The chapter on IPsec VPN's in the users guide will help.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/ipsec.html

-Chris