[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Fredric Moestedt <d96moe at dtek dot chalmers dot se>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Using m0n0wall as a VPN client to a windows 2k VPN-server?
 Date:  Thu, 2 Sep 2004 03:09:21 -0400
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 00:51:36 +0200, Fredric Moestedt
<d96moe at dtek dot chalmers dot se> wrote:
> Hi
> Searched a lot but haven't found any answer..
> I'm quiet new into vpn and I want to connect to a windows 2k vpn server. Is
> it possible to use m0n0wall as a vpn client to merge my own lan to the
> vpn-servers lan? Thanks!
> //moe

Yes, racoon (m0n0wall's VPN package) will connect to virtually every
IPsec VPN device.  I have gotten it working with SonicWall, Cisco, and
several other firewalls.

Just make sure the IPsec configuration on each end matches up.  I
don't know offhand how you would specifically configure your Windows
VPN server, but that shouldn't be hard to figure out.

The chapter on IPsec VPN's in the users guide will help.