[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Gavin Pidgley <gavin at gadago dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] miniPCI Wireless Adapter for WRAP.1D
 Date:  Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:22:29 -0400
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:08:58 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time), Gavin Pidgley
<gavin at gadago dot net> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone could suggest me a compatable miniPCI card for my
> m0n0wall (v1.1). If anyone has any experience with a wireless miniPCI that
> has worked well then any information would be appreciated (model no.
> etc...).

I use the Soekris kit from NetGate in Soekris 4501 systems, and it
works very well.  http://www.netgate.com/soekris.html

I have the KIT-MP1-5-DUAL on that page on my home setup.  It has a
range, from my basement, of my entire house (2000 sq. ft.) plus
outside within about 100 ft. of my house.  If I put it upstairs I
would imagine it would go further than that, but that's far enough for
me.

> Also my current power supply is limited to a maximum of 12v at 500mA,
> would this still be sufficient after adding a miniPCI card?

Depends on what hardware you are running.

-Chris