[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eric Higgins <erichiggins at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ftp and per port
 Date:  Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:36:14 -0400
Hey guys, first I gotta say that I love m0n0wall.

We have had some problems with ftp servers however.

Symptom:
login works fine, but when you try to list, the client complains it
could not make a data connection.

I was wondering if you  are using the ip_conntrack_ftp module for iptables?

Just FYI, we are using NAT, and the firewall allows incoming tcp/udp
for ports 20-21.

We were not using the one-to-one mode, but in doing so, and opening
some more ports, we were able to resolve the issue.

Just wondering if I can get some thoughts back on this.

Sorry I dont have all the details handy, but I can get them tomorrow at work.

-Eric