[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  logging icon
 Date:  Thu, 2 Sep 2004 23:12:53 -0400 (EDT)
Manuel,

I have a small comment on the Logging Icon in
Firewall rules.   After running a while with many rules logging,
I wanted to turn off all logging.

The GUI gave me the impression that I could click
the logging icon to disable logging.  In fact,
clicking is treated as if I clicked the arrow next to the rule,
not the logging icon - i.e., disabling the rule altogether.

so, a) clicking the logging icon ought not disable a whole rule
(cf prior discussion how it's good to have another route
into the box, in case you lock your self out :-)
and
b) What I wanted to do was a desirable feature.
Just as clicking the arrow disables the rule,
clicking the logging icon should disable logging.

c) for my case, a single "disable all logging" would be cool.

Thanks
Seth