[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phill R Kenoyer <phill at bmg50 dot com>
 To:  'M0n0Wall' list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: m0n0wall Digest 3 Sep 2004 03:00:00 -0000 Issue 222
 Date:  Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:32:44 -0700
> From: "Rodman Frowert" <frowertr at i dash 1 dot net>
> Date: September 2, 2004 7:34:30 AM PDT
> Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] Setting up HotSpot
>
> I think this will be sufficient for 99% of my customers.  If a spammer
> should
> come around, I think he would get very bored trying to send multiple
> megabytes through a 50kbps pipe...
>
> Rodman

Don't forget... It only takes a few spam messages to get yourself on a
block list, then nobody can send email until you get yourself off the
list.

It's happened to me twice when my customers get viruses that send spam.
  One day nobody can send email on a NATed POP and I look in the logs
and see the blocked messages.  Now I'm blocking port 25 on my wireless
POPs and only allowing connections to my email server.