[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Stefan Stolk - Dynasoft.nl" <stefan at dynasoft dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SNMP gives weird readings
 Date:  Fri, 3 Sep 2004 01:11:52 -0400
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 00:07:21 +0200, Stefan Stolk - Dynasoft.nl
<stefan at dynasoft dot nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I enabled on my m0n0 box the SNMPD agent, but when I connect with MRTG I
> get very strange stats. For example:
> http://stats.dynasoft.nl/192.168.1.1_2.html
>
> I think the SNMP agent is the problem. I disabled it and re-enabled it,
> but that makes no difference. The agent worked for about half a day, but
> then it gave these strange readings.
>
> Does anybody know what goes wrong?

My first guess would be something in your SNMP gathering, MRTG config,
or something not related to m0n0wall.  Or maybe there is a reason the
stats seem strange, and they're really accurate.

I have ifgraph set up to graph interfaces on several m0n0wall boxes
and have never seen anything but accurate results.

Sample here: http://livebsd.com/m0n0wall/ifgraph/sample/m0n0wall-wan.html

If you want to try setting up ifgraph to see what results you get,
it's a very quick process and would eliminate or pinpoint any problems
in your MRTG or SNMP gathering.

I've put together instructions on setting up ifgraph to graph m0n0wall
interfaces.  This will be in the users guide (after some cleanup),
pending Manuel's approval, before long.
http://livebsd.com/m0n0wall/ifgraph/m0n0wall-ifgraph.txt

-Chris