[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kyle Carter" <kyle at feet dot net dot nz>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Compaq deskpro no longer rebooting with monowall reboot command
 Date:  Fri, 3 Sep 2004 20:52:05 +1200 (NZST)
Hi, I have a problem with my monowall since upgrading to monowall 1.1

Im using a Compaq deskpro machine, and it now no longer reboots with
monowalls reboot command.. it shutsdown and sits there saying rebooting.
I need to cycle the power to reboot it.

I have seen quite a few people having problems with freebsd on compaq
units with the exact same problem, but no solutions.

my monowall 1.0 box rebooted fine, and a friend has noted that the new
monowall 1.1 has apm off in the kernel.

he thinks compiling this with apm on will mean the reboot function may
work again.
Is there a reason apm was disabled?  and is there a chance it will be
re-enabled in the future?

--
Kyle Carter