[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Sandini <asandini at blue dash chip dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  tcp open ports on wan interface in 1.1
 Date:  Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:51:05 +0200
/usr/local/bin/nmap -O -A -T4 example.com
Starting nmap 3.70 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2004-09-03 13:03
CEST
Warning:  OS detection will be MUCH less reliable because we did not
find at least 1 open and 1 closed TCP port
Interesting ports on example.com (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx):
(The 1656 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: filtered)
PORT     STATE SERVICE       VERSION
22/tcp   open  ssh           OpenSSH 3.9p1 (protocol 1.99)
389/tcp  open  ldap?
1002/tcp open  windows-icfw?
1720/tcp open  microsoft-rdp Microsoft Terminal Service (Used with
Netmeeting, Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance)
Device type: general purpose|media device|broadband router
Running: Linux 2.4.X, Pace embedded, Panasonic embedded
OS details: Linux 2.4.6 - 2.4.21, Pace digital cable TV receiver,
Panasonic IP Technology Broadband Networking Gateway, KX-HGW200

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 207.037 seconds

nmap is ran from my office, the m0n0wall is at home.

The only forwarded port is the 22.
I can indeed connect to to ports 389, 1002 and 1720 from the WAN interface.

The telnet connections on are not shown when typing netstat -an in exec.php.

Any can confirm/explain this?

Cheers,
Alex