[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Alex Sandini <asandini at blue dash chip dot be>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] tcp open ports on wan interface in 1.1
 Date:  Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:18:29 -0400
Looking at the NMap output a few questions come to mind, A) does m0n0 plug
directly into the internet connection or B) do you have a "modem" device
between m0n0 and the outside?

I ask because the footprint is ID'd as "Panasonic IP Technology Broadband
Networking Gateway, KX-HGW200".

When I run nessus or nmap against mine straight to the WAN interface (no router
or modem in between) using version 1.1b15 it can not ID the OS but guesses it
is Unix.

It could be your broadband router or modem that is actually responding.

Just a thought.

1 suggestion, move SSH off of port 22 and change the response field to not ID
as SSH. I love watching people run RDP hacks on port 3389 which isn't RDP. I am
freak like that =)

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311