[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0 & Snort
 Date:  Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:50:27 -0400
I recall seeing someone on the list who said they had combined M0n0wall
and snort.  Does a combined m0n0/snort image exist?  Is snort
configurable via the same web interface as m0m0?  Before my former
employer, Oculan, died an ugly death we sold an appliance that had
Snort running under the covers.  I recall that snort took up quite a
bit of processor time sniffing all those packets.  Does the combined
snort/m0n0 image require something stronger than a soekris box?

My soekris boards should be here today.  :) :) :) I can't wait to get
home, load them up, and start tinkering with them.

Greg