[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Chris Buechler'" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Strange local DNS issue
 Date:  Fri, 3 Sep 2004 21:22:48 +0100
> Is your DHCP server on your m0n0wall?  If so, and if you
> check the "Register DHCP leases in DNS forwarder" in the DNS
> forwarder screen, they should be registered by the DHCP server.

Yes, m0n0 is acting as the DHCP, and register DHCP leases is also checked on
m0n0.  As I said, it's working fine doing DNS resolution for the hostnames
by themselves, just not with the local domain appended to them.

"ping cronus", "ping rhea" and "ping proxy" all work fine.
"ping cronus.minotaur" and ping "rhea.minotaur" do not work, but "ping
proxy.minotaur" works fine.

"proxy" is a static DNS entry defined in m0n0's DNS config, pointing to
rhea's IP.

Thanks for the suggestions though. :-)

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579