[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh McAllister" <josh at bluehornet dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Why no MPPC? And PPTP Status page?
 Date:  Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:29:49 -0700
I find it hard to believe this hasn't been discussed before, yet I
couldn't find anything in the archives. I'm more than a bit curious as
to why MPPC is not available. All I've seen is a comment in the kernel
config stating it's disabled because it uses files which aren't
available.

Is it that difficult to implement, or is there a compelling reason not
to?

It actually does increase performance by about 50% when accessing
Exchange Server, and my users have noticed the difference since taking
them of RAS.

So for curiosity sake, anyone know why it hasn't been implemented and/or
whether it will be implemented soon?

Another feature request... how about a PPTP Status page to show logged
users, connection time, maybe bytes xfer'd.

Thank you Manuel for all your work on an outstanding product!

Josh McAllister