[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Edward J" <edwardj at csse dot com dot cn>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [Bug Report ?!] Configuration mismatch causing pptp connection failure.
 Date:  Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:32:38 +0800
Hi, all

   First, sorry for my poor English.

   Last night, I setup m0n0 on 2 different desktops, one as a pptp server and
   the other as a pptp client. Both sides configured, I found the client was
   unable to connect to the server. The server was OK, because I could connect
   to it through a pptp dial-up on my laptop running XP Pro. I looked up the
   system log on the server for a while and found that during the pptp setup,
   CCP was complaining it failed to negotiate required encryption and then, the
   link went down. I suspected it's some kind of mis-configuration. So, I checked
   the mpd.conf on both sides, and found compression settings were missing on the
   client side. I added some lines like:
             set bundle enable compression
             set ccp yes mppc
             set ccp yes mpp-e128
             set ccp yes mpp-e56
             set ccp yes mpp-e40
             set ccp yes mpp-stateless
   to the mpd.conf and restarted the mpd. It's now up and running happily.

   So, I believe that might be a bug in the php based configuration generating script.
   Someone can fix it !?

   I'm running v1.1.

   regards,

   edward