[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Allan D. Piske" <zyryz at terra dot com dot br>
 To:  <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>, "m0n0wall List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall VLAN problem (bug found)
 Date:  Mon, 6 Sep 2004 01:58:20 -0300
I have already posted this before, but that i goes again ...
I've not tested the change in version 1.1 yet, but it should work
The modification was originally made on version 1.1b6
Here it is:

I discovered by testing  vlans in freebsd that the parent interface needs to
set up by ifconfig .. like ifconfig sis0 up,
so i hacked monowall and changed the /etc/inc/interfaces.inc and add the
following :

at line 63 ( after "$cmd" ... )
-------------------begin----------------------------
$cmd2 = "/sbin/ifconfig " .
              escapeshellarg($vlan['if']) . " up";

at row 77 (after mwexec($cmd); )insert:
mwexec($cmd2);

this will acomplish bringing up interfaces at boot time.

regards,

Allan.