[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Patrik" <paake at telia dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problems with switch
 Date:  Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:02:51 +0200
I have searched the list archive but havent find a solution. Im running m0n0wall on a WRAP and it
works good if I connect it directly to a PC with a cross-over cable. My switch is a DLINK DES-1005D.
Datasheet here: http://213.216.192.242/products/des-1005d.pdf Note that the image in the pdf is not
correct. It looks different.
If I connect m0n0wall to the switch the led on the switch which corresponds to m0n0wall starts
flicker repeatadly although no action is shown on the led on the WRAP, just the one saying that the
link is up, but the other led is turned off.

The led on the switch flickers even if I only have m0n0wall connected to the switch alone. I have
tried with different length of the cables, as Manuel suggested in an earlier thread. It seems it
does work with both cross-cable and straight from m0n0 to switch as the led is turned on in both
cases, maybe my switch as the capability to know which pair to use.
The switch does work and is not broken!