[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Webb, Paul" <pwebb at webbenabled dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Loading m0n0wall on a POS 486!
 Date:  Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:18:12 -0400
Hi there everyone,

	This may have been asked before, but I didn't see it in the FAQ or
the archive, so I'm posting it. Please don't slaughter me if it has been
asked already.

	I received a bunch of old PCs from a friend of mine who runs a
business. As part of the batch of PCs, I seem to have acquired a POS 486 SX
25 MHz. The only thing I can think of that this will be good for is to be a
firewall.

	I plan on dropping a bunch of old SIMM memory in it and loading up
m0n0wall on it, but it does not support booting from the CD. Is there a
bootable floppy image I can dump to a blank floppy to get m0n0wall to boot
up, load an ATAPI CD-ROM driver, and then reference the CD-ROM for
installation onto the hard drive?

Thanks in advance!
Paul