[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Patrik <paake at telia dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] No carrier for WAN
 Date:  Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:08:45 -0400
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:45:48 +0200, Patrik <paake at telia dot com> wrote:
> Running m0n0wall on a wrap and it cant find my WAN for some reason. It did work at my other place
where we had ADSL. Now I have Internet through fiber via a DHCP server in my apartment building. I
do get carrier when connecting my computer, my IP-telephone box (Handytone), or my switch. But when
connecting it to sis1 which is WAN I get no carrier, no leds turned on. I have tried changed to sis2
but no effect. I do get carrier if I connect sis1 to a computer instead. I have tried with straight
cable (which it should be) and with crossover cable.
> Any clues?

Sounds like you have some sort of odd connection.  Definitely doesn't
sound like a m0n0wall issue, since you get a light when connecting to
a PC.

Did you have to do any special configuration on your phone or PC to
get it to connect, or did it just work?

Sounds like you've probably already done this, but I'd try a different
cable.  Not sure what else to suggest.

-Chris