[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  John Tran <jtran at pcwerk dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  interesting routing issue
 Date:  Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:09:05 -0700
Hello all, any thoughts on how I can solve this problem?

I have two monowall boxes at two locations, each with it's own subnet,
and I am interesting in accessing between the two subnets using IPSEC.
I've configured the two monowall boxes according to

But here is a small twist, on the second subnet, on one of the nodes,
running Linux, I also have a second NIC with real IP assigned to eth0.
For some reason, I cannot seem to ping between the two.  Here is the
complete setting:

Site 1:
    WAN = (not real ip of course)
    LAN =
    compute nodes

Site 2:
    WAN = (not real ip of course)
    LAN =
    compute node
       eth0: (not real ip of course)

I was able to connect ping between the two nodes when I did not have
eth0 on the compute node at site 2.  Any thoughts or suggestion would be
greatly appreicated.  Oh btw, the routing table is as followed:

route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface U     0      0        0 eth0   U     0      0        0 eth1       U     0      0        0 lo         UG    0      0        0 eth0

(not using real ip's of course)