[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joshua Bardt" <josh at ethr dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] No carrier for WAN
 Date:  Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:23:48 -0700
*Old man voice*

Back when I was less old - 100TX had a heck of a lot of problems
with auto-negotiation.

I thought that was a thing of the distant past - but maybe this
is just that.

I would say you should try putting a switch/hub in between the WAN
port and your apt.

If that works great.. You can either leave good enough alone or
look into it more.  I would start with trying to reproduce the
problem with a standard PC and the same NIC chipset and FreeBSD
4.10 - then try 5.2.1...  Then find out what the heck this device
is that you're connected to.   Report the failure to the FreeBSD
devel list with as much data as possible :)

-josh bardt