[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Stefan Stolk - Dynasoft.nl" <stefan at dynasoft dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SNMP gives weird readings
 Date:  Mon, 6 Sep 2004 05:07:23 -0400
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:47:00 +0200, Stefan Stolk - Dynasoft.nl
<stefan at dynasoft dot nl> wrote:
> I experimented with ifgraph, and it works fine. I just had to change the
> configuration a bit, like interfaces and max bandwith. Thanks for your
> advice.
>
> http://stats.dynasoft.nl/m0n0wall-wan.html

Looks good!

> Oh and about the realteks: I'm using realtek's for a while now in the
> router, and they work fine for my purposes. My wall isn't part of a
> production environment, so I'm not worried about high-end performances.

I also have used some rl NIC's before in boxes at home, and some
desktop systems.  Actually I have a mail forwarder running FreeBSD at
a client with a rl chipset that pushes a decent amount of data
(several thousand emails a day), and is rock solid.  Though I
generally prefer fxp in my servers, I'm sure it'll be fine.

-Chris