[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rodman Frowert" <frowertr at i dash 1 dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Unable to ping DMZ hosts from LAN
 Date:  Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:33:44 -0500
Hey guys,

I looked through the archives and didn't find any answers I thought would be
beneficial to me so I thought I would ask.  I can't seem to ping anything in
the DMZ (other than my m0n0 DMZ interface) from my LAN.  Now I can ping DMZ
hosts from the m0n0 GUI, however.

Is there something that is set that is preventing me from talking to DMZ
hosts from my LAN?  I only have one LAN rule and it is the default rule that
was enabled with m0n0 was installed:  Default LAN --> any.  The DMZ rules I
have set apply to what can come out of the DMZ only because this is my
hotspot.

I would like to eventually put a webserver in my DMZ, so you can imagine I
at least need telnet access to the machine from my LAN.

My LAN is 192.168.1.x/24
My DMZ is 10.10.10.x/24

What am I missing?  Am I going to have to bridge these two to do what I want
to do?

Rodman