[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] P90, 32MB RAM, SanDisk 8MB CF woes
 Date:  Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:11:23 -0400
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:34:52 +0200, Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I tried setting up my current firewall (P90, 32MB RAM) with m0n0wall
> on a SanDisk 8MB CF card.
> Has anybody tried to do a similar setup, especially with 32MB?
> Whenever I try to configure the basics, the configuration XML file
> vanishes in a puff of logic. Could be due to the lack of RAM, but
> right now I don't have the error messages handy.

You need 64 MB RAM to successfully use m0n0wall, since it doesn't have
any swap available.  I know people have run it with less, but always
run into problems with something (generally upgrades, but this might
be related).

This may not be the issue.  Regardless, having less than 64 MB RAM is
not going to work in the long run.  You can probably snag some RAM for
that system off ebay for cheap to bring it up to 64, if you don't have
anything laying around already.

-Chris