[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] P90, 32MB RAM, SanDisk 8MB CF woes
 Date:  Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:05:34 -0400
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 04:00:42 +1000, pmok at optushome dot com dot au
<pmok at optushome dot com dot au> wrote:
> Hi Axel...
>
> I'm not sure how useful is this to you, but I run a Pentium 150Mhz with
> 48MB RAM on my other cable connection.(Its CD and floppy setup)
>
> M0n0wall 1.1 has no problem with it, and I'm able to get the full 10Mbit
> out of my line. (Its the same setup I use to help test M0n0wall with Telstra
> Login client).

If you don't need to perform upgrades through the web GUI (as with the
CD/floppy setup), then 48 MB should be fine, and maybe even 32 MB.
Good point, that might be an option for Axel.

With the CF setup, you'll want to be able to perform upgrades from the
web GUI, and that isn't possible with 32 MB for sure (see list
archives, it'll run out of memory), and 48 MB is questionable.

-Chris