[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] P90, 32MB RAM, SanDisk 8MB CF woes
 Date:  Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:12:00 -0400
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:08:30 +0200, Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com> wrote:
> After digging up another 32MB I found the error... *blush* turns out
> the CF-IDE adapter had to be connected to a power line else the power
> of the IDE cable wasn't enough to power the card to write.
> Now it works.
>
> The only issue I have is that an old 3COM ep0 can't seem to get an
> IRQ. But that's not a primary problem... :)

No problem.  :)

3Com has a DOS utility to change the settings in the firmward on those
old ISA cards.  I don't recall where it is or what it's called
offhand, but you can download it from their support site.  You'll
likely need to hard code the IRQ and I/O settings with that utility
for the card to work properly with m0n0wall.

-Chris