[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  quendor at nandor dot net
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch> <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch> <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS forwarder and PPTP
 Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:08:40 -0500
I have set up DNS forwarder for local hosts. I have filled in the
Domain name under the General setup. When a user is on the LAN, there
is no need to use the fully qualified address of other hosts, i.e.,
"host-1" is all that is needed. However, when vpning via, PPTP, the
full qualified address is needed, i.e., "host-1.domain-name".

I have tried changing all the relevant parameters (at least as I can
tell) to no avail. Has anyone else had this behavior?

Thanks